[Cbe-oss-dev] Problem getting 1080p in PS3

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Tue Jan 15 05:53:06 EST 2008

I am not sure that anyone is still viewing this thread, but I have the
same monitor (BenQ fp241w) and it works fine in both 1080p and WUSGA
under PS3 linux (Ubuntu 7.10 in my case). I use videomode 13 for
1920x1200 (full screen doesn't matter with VESA modes) and 133 in 1080p.

The key is to both use 1:1 pixel mapping *and* the DVI input. I don't
see why anyone would not use 1:1 when using the monitor with a computer
- any other mode can potentially scale the image which would greatly
reduce its apparent sharpness (though with a WUXGA monitor receiving a
1920x1200 signal, it shouldn't matter).

I don't understand why the monitor doesn't work with the HDMI input, but
I got a blue screen when I tried it (using the supplied cable). I used a
DVI cable and an inexpensive (<$20) HDMI to DVI adaptor and the system
works very well, even in the game os (which I rarely use).

Good luck,

Warren Nagourney