[Cbe-oss-dev] Problems getting 1080p in the PS3

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Sun Jan 6 04:57:54 EST 2008

On 05/01/2008, at 18:47, Jim Paris wrote:

> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>> Hmm... but why can't the hardware and/or software show the image
>> correctly?
>>  I can understand the need for overscan in the past, but with flat
>> panels
>> and digital connections?  And also considering that the laptop is
>> able to
>> show 1920x1200 without issues...
>
> Is your laptop connected via HDMI or DVI?  The manual says DVI-D
> doesn't
> overscan.  Using a HDMI to DVI adapter therefore should fix your
> problem.

Yes, laptop is through DVI.  And well... the adapter may fix it, but
I bought this specific monitor because it had two inputs and thus
could have the two devices connected at once.  External DVI switches
are too expensive, so this is not an option because I don't want to
keep messing with cables.

>> The thing is, do I have to blame the hardware, or could there be some
>> possible driver fix for the issue?
>
> It's the monitor doing this, not the PS3.

OK.  I've sent a support request to BenQ and see if they can provide
me a solution.

Thank you very much.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>