[Cbe-oss-dev] upcoming multimedia project for PS3

Lluis xscript at gmx.net
Tue Aug 26 22:10:26 EST 2008

El Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:18:48AM +0100, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin ens deleità amb les següents paraules:
> Concerning mplayer on PS3, have a look at spu-medialib.
> http://wiki.ps2dev.org/ps3:spu-medialib
> (The wiki page is old and the svn link dead, but the project is
> currently being moved to sourceforge)
> It currently plays mpep1,2,4, H.264 perfectly on Linux (without the need
> of an X server).
> unsolo is currently working on some optimization using spexms, and I'll
> have a look at MKV support shortly.

Besides, on the GUI side I've tried with freevo, which is quite ok (such an
environment should ship with a preconfigured freevo to avoid the initial
hassle of setting it up), and works over framebuffer (I've read that there
is some work in Xorg to provide acceleration in ps3), although after
playing a video the GUI (even when still working) shows the last frame
played by mplayer (the version with spu-medialib).

Read you,
  Lluis

 Tollbooth