[Cbe-oss-dev] Petitboot Issue

Yuji Mano Yuji.Mano at am.sony.com
Wed Aug 6 04:02:11 EST 2008

Geoff Levand wrote:
> Jiafu Gao wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I like what I saw about Petitboot, and decided to give it try tonight.
>>
>> My PS3 has Ubuntu 7.10, and the otheros.bld is still the one comes with
>> the install CD. I copied the petitboot otheros.bld to my usb flashdrive
>> at PS3/otheros directoy. PS3 find it ok, and when I reboot, the UI comes
>> up fine. First only 1 icon (the hard disk) appears on the left, and
>> nothing appears on the right. I said oh oh. When I accidently press the
>> down key, the hard disk icon get selected, and then the boot selection
>> of my Ubuntu appears on the right (linux=... and old=...).  So this is
>> the first issue: petitboot should select one on the left automatically.
>> In this case, the hard disk should be selected by default.
>
> Please feel free to submit a patch to this ML for review that adds
> this behavior.

Petitboot saves the boot option (the one the user selected last boot) to
the petitboot db inside the flash.

The very first time petitboot boots, it initializes the db if not done so
already. Since there is no boot option set in db yet, no option is
selected automatically at very first boot.

When you try to boot a 2nd time, it should have picked up your last
selection and automatically selected it...Did it not?

Regards,
Yuji