[Cbe-oss-dev] ppu-ld can't link linux kernel anymore

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Apr 30 10:10:09 EST 2008

>> I made a small test program below that isolates this
>> problem.  The output shows the results of using
>> . = 0xd000000000000000; vs. . = 0xc000000000000000;
>
> Geoff, is the testcase supposed to show the same problem with strip?
> I couldn't reproduce this with latest sdk3 binutils.

I can reproduce the problem on FSF binutils HEAD, on any target
(well, tested powerpc and x86_64).  Both strip and objcopy show
the same problem (not surprisingly); it seems they use the VMA
where they should use the LMA.

I tried to bisect this problem but that's just so painful with
CVS, and I can't seem to import the repo into git.

Please let me know if I can be any help.

Segher