[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3-boot-game-os fixed

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Fri Sep 28 21:55:50 EST 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Goffredo Marocchi wrote:
> to compile the cloned ps3-utils tree, is any directory fine to unpack
> it, execute bootstrap for it, and configure it (which is what I did) or
> should I use the ( linux would be  a sym link for the ps3-linux cloned
> git repo downloaded in the ps3-linux dir) /usr/src/linux/include dir ?

Any directory should do.

> I see that the configure process looks for some header files like
> asm/ps3av.h (whose path is /usr/src/linux/include/asm/ps3av.h) and their
> usability (if certain defines are declared, etc...) ... it does not find
> them and goes ahead (without printing an error) and runs to completion:
> the make all process completes successfully.
> Are the scripts produced installable and usable or even though the
> compilation went fine I should be wary of the fact that the configure
> process did not find all the files it looked for ?

If asm/ps3av.h, it uses the builtin defines. No functionality is lost.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619