[Cbe-oss-dev] question about ps3_gelic driver

Stefan Assmann sassmann at suse.de
Wed Oct 10 00:14:26 EST 2007

Hi,

I was wondering why the ps3_gelic driver uses /dev/eth0 for ethernet and
wireless lan? Will this stay this way? Wouldn't the approach to have
/dev/eth0 for ethernet and maybe /dev/eth1 for wireless lan be more
convenient? Maybe there are good reasons for this approach and I don't
know them yet...

At the moment this troubles me a little because the device is recognized
as a wireless device if GELIC_WIRELESS is enabled and this confuses the
suse installer.

    Stefan

--
Stefan Assmann          | SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Software Engineer       | Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg