[Cbe-oss-dev] spu_create.2 man page

Michael Kerrisk mtk.manpages at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:11:51 EST 2007

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the revised SPUFS pages!

I have a few questions about the pages -- I will separate them by page;
this mail for spu_create.2...

==

Could you explain to me in a sentence or three what a "gang" is?  I might
add a few further words to the page about this term.

==

The page contains the text:

   "Isolated contexts are protected from some PPE operations,"

Does that mean:

   "Isolated contexts are prevented from performing from
    some PPE operations,"
?

Also, what does PPE stand for?  Is it worth mentioning this in the page?

==

Naive typographical question: should "npc register" be "NPC register"?

==

The page contains the text:

    "Using this flag requires that the other SPU context
     be passed in the"

Should this be:

    "Using this flag requires that a file descriptor referring to
     the other SPU context be passed in the"

==

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

Want to help with man page maintenance?  Grab the latest tarball at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/manpages/
read the HOWTOHELP file and grep the source files for 'FIXME'.