[Cbe-oss-dev] Where can I find the Fedora 7 image supported by kboot?

Andreas Thorsén cbe at bitwalk.com
Thu May 24 05:57:42 EST 2007

Geoff Levand skrev:
> I just tested this, and should work:
>
> 1) Install the 20070516 version of kboot from CELL-Linux-CL_20070516-ADDON.iso
> (237 MiB) or use the minimal (2.6 Mib) one I put here:
>
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/kboot_20070516.iso
>
> 2) Set the system to boot 'other os'.
>
> 3) Insert the Fedora 7 install DVD and boot the system.  kboot should recognize
> the DVD. Type one of these at the kboot prompt:
>
>   kboot: /ppc/ppc64/vmlinuz initrd=/ppc/ppc64/ramdisk.image.gz video=720p

Yep, excellent! That seem to work.

Will there be support for something like the 'minimal' install option
for fedora 6 in the final version? I know a lot of people will love that
beautiful graphical install, but since the PS3 is not very well suited
to a full fledged gnome or kde install, I'd rather start with something
slim and then install xfce on top of that if I need a desktop evironment.

--Andreas