[Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC/PATCH] adding support for direct MBX interrupt on Axon based platform.

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat May 19 19:16:47 EST 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 10:22 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
> > Defining c3p0 as a cascaded IRQ controller is only necessary
> > if we can't use the class number.
>
> I'm not even sure it would help... you can't go read on the C3PO where
> the IRQ came from or anything like that. It's just purely a bridge afaik
> converting the 4 Axon internal interrupt into BE interrupt messages.

Right, unless we change the logic to pass down the priority value to
the cascade handler, which would still be better than adding specific
hacks to the internal interrupt code.

An alternative could be to make it a shared interrupt, so that we first
check if an interrupt came in through the mailbox, and only look
at the mpic if the interrupt wasn't handled yet.

	Arnd <><