[Cbe-oss-dev] 2.6.21-rc4-arnd1

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Mar 21 09:13:10 EST 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:18:02 Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Will you merge ericvh's systemsim branch too?  I'm currently
> maintaining some patches and it is somewhat painful to have to make
> them work on two different branches (systemsim and ps3-linux).

It's merged in 2.6.20-arnd3, but I generally don't like to have
it in my code, since it won't ever get upstream.

I sometimes merge systemsim.git into a branch of cell-2.6.git,
but I stopped doing that after ericvh removed some objects
from his repository and that broke my own one.

It may be worthwhile to have a merged tree again, that combines
my patches with ps3-linux.git and systemsim.git.

> And by the way, could you add a description to that branch?  I'm
> assuming here this is related to your cell-2.6 tree at
> git.kernel.org.  That branch does not have a description.

Good point. I frequently forget to update the git tree, in part
because there seem to be few people that want to use it, so I
mainly use it for merging with paulus.

If you think it helps, I can integrate the git stuff into my
scripts so that we get a branch in there for every patch set
I upload to my patches directory.

> At last, out of curiosity and completely unrelated to this: which
> tool do you use to maintain such a big amount of patches?  git with
> some frontend maybe?

I use plain quilt, with a small number of additional scripts to
check consistency of my patches and to upload it in the form
that I can use for kernel.org and for importing with git-applymbox.

	Arnd <><