[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 boot game os flag no longer honoured

Grant Ferley gfconsulting at mts.net
Mon Jun 4 04:48:09 EST 2007

Thanks for the reply Geert.  After being set in 2.16.22-rc3, the kboot
prompt reports that the boot flag is indeed set to 0 (boot game os) when
other-os-flash-util -s /dev/sdb is executed.  Running boot-game-os from the
kboot prompt does work correctly as it always has.

However, if the system is powered off (shutdown from Linux to runlevel 0
hangs and the unit needs to be manually powered off), the game OS loads when
turned back on.  It would appear then that there is something not happening
right when newer kernels are shutdown to runlevels 0 and 6, perhaps.

Grant