[Cbe-oss-dev] spu* man pages

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jul 18 09:53:30 EST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> > > Jeremy, I hope it's ok that I'm reposting your work publically. I
> > > really think it's best to get everyone into a single discussion for
> > > review.
> >
> > Yeah, totally fine by me :)
> >
> > As I understand it, the commit date for these files (into the next Cell
> > SDK) was last month, so I'm not sure how much they can be changed now -
> > but comments are still welcome!.
>
> Can we avoid having two homes for these man pages?  The pages
> in question are about system calls, so it seems logical to
> make man-pages their (sole) home.  What do you think?

man-pages really should be be their home. The only reason for
including them in IBM's SDK is that we (mostly me) were slow
about updating them for upstream inclusion.

I don't mind letting the SDK version of the man pages stay
on Jeremy's current version unless we find a major bug in them.
We should focus on getting them right in upstream only.

> > I haven't seen Eduardo's changes, will check them out.
>
> Thanks.  Let me know if you need me to send copies.

Eduardo's pages were based on the version from the kernel
documentation folder, unfortunately these are horribly outdated.

	Arnd <><