[Cbe-oss-dev] spu* man pages

Michael Kerrisk mtk-manpages at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 07:20:02 EST 2007

Hi Arnd,

(For some reason, mail from you keeps getting marked as spam
by GMX; I've whitelisted you now.)

> I keep getting asked about the spufs man pages, and had completely
> forgotten about Jeremy already working on them. He has now come up
> with an almost complete rewrite of them.
>
> I haven't had the chance to review them in detail, but I guess these
> are roughly what should go into the official man pages package that
> Michael maintains, so that they eventually find their way into
> distributions.
>
> Jeremy, I hope it's ok that I'm reposting your work publically. I
> really think it's best to get everyone into a single discussion for
> review.

Bother -- I've already cut 2.63 (but not released), and the
versions of the pages that Eduardo worked on are going to be in
that release.

Of course we can move to the versions that Jeremy has worked
on.  A question: Jeremy, have you seen Eduardo's versions
of the pages (which I sent to Arnd a couple of weeks back)?
If so, is there any material in those pages that is lacking
from your versions of the pages?  (Sorry, I have not had a
chance to look at your pages yet.)

Cheers,

Michael
--
Michael Kerrisk
maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

Want to help with man page maintenance?
Grab the latest tarball at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/manpages ,
read the HOWTOHELP file and grep the source
files for 'FIXME'.