[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 sound driver update

Masakazu Mokuno mokuno at sm.sony.co.jp
Thu Jul 12 11:25:57 EST 2007

	Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:27:17 -0700
"Bradley, GT" <GT.Bradley at sonyconnect.com> wrote:

> Short story:  if I can get info on the chip interface, e.g.:  where is
> the "SPOCS" register:

The offset is also defined in snd_ps3_reg.h.

	PS3_AUDIO_AO_SPDCS(n, y)

As the channel status is 192 bits in length, six SPDCS registers
compose an array.  Y of the macro above is used to index the element, as
the comment of snd_ps3_reg.h suggests.

> I will also look into the video drivers as I've just discovered that
> they also contain audio code.

The audio-backend driver of the hypervisor does not assume that the
guest OSes would set the channel status bit registers directly.  Instead,
the guest OSes should use the dedicated hypervisor calls.  Please see
drivers/ps3/ps3av_cmd.c:ps3av_cmd_set_audiomode() about the calls.

regards

--
Masakazu MOKUNO