[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 sound driver update

Bradley, GT GT.Bradley at sonyconnect.com
Wed Jul 11 18:27:17 EST 2007

I'm interested in going forward with this.  (I wrote a longer response
but my web-mail ate it :(  )

Short story:  if I can get info on the chip interface, e.g.:  where is
the "SPOCS" register: which I believe has the magic bit that needs
setting for AC3 pass-through to work.

>From snd_ps3_reg.h:
/*
S/PDIF Audio Output Channel Channel Status
Setting Registers.
Configures channel status bit settings for each block
(192 bits).
Output is performed from the MSB(AO_SPDCS0 register bit 31).
The same value is added for subframes within the same frame.
 31            24 23           16 15            8 7             0
 |                             SPOCS                             |
AO_SPDCS
*/

I will also look into the video drivers as I've just discovered that
they also contain audio code.

GT