[Cbe-oss-dev] cbe Toolchain Questions (Re: cbe toolchain packages for Ubuntu)

Hiroyuki Machida Hiroyuki.Mach at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:08:27 EST 2007

Hi,

IMHO, I think it's better to break out E-mail to get more interest to
your questions. I though it was just an announcement.

2007/6/22, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu.com>:
  :
> Some questions for packaging of newer development or release versions of the
> toolchain packages:
>
>  - The bsc.es site doesn't reference any "upstream" location of the
>    toolchain packages; while seeing patches being submitted to the binutils
>    and gcc upstream projects, I was unable to find an upstream location
>    for the sources used as a base for the SDK 2.1 release.

Some components are still on "mainlining". These may confuse you.

 == "upstream" dont't have full Cell BE support, yet ==
gcc    - http://gcc.gnu.org
gdb    - http://sourceware.org/gdb

 == "upstream" already have full Cell BE support ==
libpspe2   - http://sourceforge.net/projects/libspe/
newlib      - http://sourceware.org/newlib/
binutils     - http://sourceware.org/binutils/

>  - The spu cross compiler currently fails to build (ICE building libgcc),
>    which apparently seems to be fixed in newer toolchain packages. For
>    the current binary packages, the binaries from the rpm packages are
>    used).

I think it's better to report this in details. I heard, just
rebuilding RPM packages
never reproduce ICE.

>  - The simdmath packages are distributed as binary only (source location?)
>    and have a rather short copyright notice (is this the correct one?)

I think SIMD math in SDK 2.1 is binary only.

Regards,

---
Hiroyuki Machiad