[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 Linux boot loader discussions

Hiroyuki Machida Hiroyuki.Mach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:52:52 EST 2007

YAEGASHI-san and Geert-san,

I think the label "/" does not work for such case. Suppose that
partitions on internal
HDD and/or other removable media woud have same label.
Even if we introduce new keyword so that kboot replaces it as coressponding
device name, it would not work. Beacuse, the 1st kernel (kboot) and 2nd
kernel (real kernel user uses) are different and device numbers/names also
may be different.

As Geert mentions, The solution is using UUID in the label and repalce
it in initrd
which is located in removable media.

Cheers,
Hioryuki,