[Cbe-oss-dev] Mini Req to PS3 Linux boot loader (Re: PS3 Linux boot loader discussions)

Hiroyuki Machida Hiroyuki.Mach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:14:05 EST 2007

Benjamin-san,

2007/2/15, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org>:

> > I think label should be consist from ascii chars upto 64 bytes, including
> > termination char  '\0', as minimum requirement to boot loader.
>
> I'm very annoyed that we seem to be defining yet another new config file
> format for bootloaders. There are enough of these.

I also don't want to define new config file.

I try to make clear expected boot loader behavior to removable boot media,
and put some limitation and/or clarification on kboot.conf  on removable boot
media, to allow every environment to boot the media.

In fact, I proposed just one change on kboot.conf,  it's name on
msdosfs, 8.3 name
environment. Anyway we'll involve kboot guys.

> Our goal for petitboot is to try to re-use the grub config file format
> as much as possible and possibly just "add" things to it, though we
> haven't had much time to work on it lately.
>
> Ben.

Hiroyuki.