[Cbe-oss-dev] Empty kboot.conf, so what determines default kernel?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:19:33 EST 2007

I'm running the 20070831 build of kboot.  I've installed FC7 and the
.rpms from the 20071023 ADDON DVD.  I modified yaboot.conf to have a
section for the ADDON's kernel.

When I boot my PS3, kboot still defaults to the old (2.6.21xxx?)
kernel, rather than my shiny new 2.6.23-based kernel.  I thought this
might be controlled in the file /etc/kboot.conf, but that file is
empty.

So what's causing kboot to default to any particular kernel?  And how
would I fix that?

My ideal behavior is that when I power on my PS3, kboot waits for some
small number of seconds, and then if I haven't typed anything, boots
into my 2.6.23-based kernel.

Thanks,
Christian