[Cbe-oss-dev] Letting kboot guide my OS install?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:47:18 EST 2007

Hi guys,

In my PS3, I've found three different ways to install Fedora from kboot:

a) boot the PS3 into kboot, insert the FC7 disk, and type "linux" (iirc)
b) boot the PS3 into (some version of) kboot, insert the FC6 disk, and
type "fc-install /dev/sda1" (iirc)
c) insert the FC7 disk, boot into kboot, and then kboot automatically
prompts me regarding which drive I want to install Linux onto

I've done (a) and (b), and things seem to have gone reasonably well.
But is there some good reason to do (b) or (c) that you know of?

( I did notice that (b) prompted me to insert the ADDONs disk at one
point, which was nice.  But I assume that feature is just to save the
person who installed FC6 a little post-install legwork.)

Thanks,
Christian