[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3: Problems with console and reboot

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Sat Dec 1 22:59:41 EST 2007

Hello,

I have installed a recent kernel from Geoff's ps3-linux today's
sources on a couple of European PS3s: one is the 60GB model and the
other is the 40GB one, both with WiFi.  I have enabled some extra
options in the kernels aside from what ps3_defconfig enables, such as
everything needed to get SystemTap working and CONFIG_AUDIT.

But then the kernel fails in a couple of places:

1. The USB keyboard does not work, so I can only use the machine
through SSH.  Even though, the kernel does see the device when
connecting it:

usb 1-2.4: new full speed USB device using ps3-ehci-driver and address 3
usb 1-2.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-2.4:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-2.4:1.0: 3 ports detected
usb 1-2.4.2: new low speed USB device using ps3-ehci-driver and
address 4
usb 1-2.4.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-2.4.3: new full speed USB device using ps3-ehci-driver and
address 5
usb 1-2.4.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

(I tried two keyboards.  One with an US layout and one with an ES one.)

2. The machine does not reboot automatically.  (I remember this
problem also popped up a while ago and was later fixed... but
unfortunately it is here again.)

Are these known problems of the current code?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>