[Cbe-oss-dev] Is cellperfctr-tools available?

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Thu Apr 19 19:18:16 EST 2007

On 19/04/2007, at 10:03, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

[...]
> According to some documents I've seen, this driver is supposed to be
> accompanied by the cellperfctr-tools, a userland utility to configure
> the driver and to obtain reports.  But I haven't been able to find
> such program yet...
>
> Is it available somewhere?  If not, why?

OK, I've been pointed at the tool in a private mail.  For the record,
it lives inside the CellSDK21.iso ISO image.

Now, the problem I have is that the IBM SystemSim does not seem to
implement the performance counters (does it?), and that the module
won't build in the PS3.

Is it possible to access these counters in the PS3 hardware easily,
or is it there anything that prevents it?  I mean, the lack of
support for, e.g. oprofile, is simply because nobody has done it yet
or because of a hardware limitation/protection?  After searching the
archives, I see some mentions to problems because of the PS3's
hypervisor.

Thank you,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>