[Cbe-oss-dev] Is cellperfctr-tools available?

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Thu Apr 19 18:03:55 EST 2007

Hello,

I see that the Cell SDK 2.1 provides a driver, cellperfctr-driver,
which is supposed to allow the interaction with the performance
counters.  I got the source package from here:

     http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/
cellsimulator/sdk2.1/

and built it against the kernel sources I'm using.

According to some documents I've seen, this driver is supposed to be
accompanied by the cellperfctr-tools, a userland utility to configure
the driver and to obtain reports.  But I haven't been able to find
such program yet...

Is it available somewhere?  If not, why?

Thank you,

PS: I know there is oprofile, and IIUC, it allows this too... but I'd
like something simpler, and the cellperfctr module seems to be it.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>