[Cbe-oss-dev] Problems booting PS3 kernel

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Thu Apr 19 00:29:39 EST 2007

On 18/04/2007, at 16:11, Uytterhoeven, Geert wrote:

> Before you had to boot arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.ps3.
> Now you have to use vmlinux.strip instead:
>
> | $ file arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.ps3 vmlinux.strip
> | arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.ps3: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC
> or cisco 4500, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped
> | vmlinux.strip:                ELF 64-bit MSB executable, cisco
> 7500, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

Cool, thank you.  It boots fine now.

However, this makes me think something is broken.  I use 'make rpm-
pkg' to build the kernel and later install the resulting rpm
manually.  Therefore, it seems rpm-pkg is packaging up the wrong
kernel image, because I see nothing similar to vmlinux.strip in /
boot...  Any idea about why?

Kind regards,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>