[Cbe-oss-dev] Correct way to format spufs file output.

Ulrich Weigand Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com
Sun Oct 22 09:53:58 EST 2006

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote on 10/22/2006
12:38:01 AM:

> Ok. Though even in that case... can we verify the known instances of
> userspace code using those files directly ? They -might- cope with a
> switch to hex and 0x prefix... or not. I wouldn't expect much user code
> to directly manipulate the sysfs files, I would expect that to be done
> via libspe most of the time, so if the later works....

I fail to see why we should even attempt this -- the signal_type files
are boolean, they contain either 0 or 1.  What would be the benefit of
replacing this by 0x0 and 0x1?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU compiler/toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE
  Phone: +49-7031/16-3727   ---   Email: Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com