[Cbe-oss-dev] Correct way to format spufs file output.

Ulrich Weigand Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com
Sat Oct 21 00:04:14 EST 2006

Dwayne McConnell wrote:

> I think %0xllx is the way to go. I would even advocate changing
> signal1_type and signal2_type unless it is actually too dangerous. Is
> there even a case where changing from %llu to %0xllx would break things?

> Perhaps with the combination of a old library with a new kernel?

Yes, these files are in fact used, and a change would break things.

Also, I really think this is a different issue:  having some files
in *decimal* and some in *hex* is fine.  What's a problem is files
*in hex but without the 0x prefix*.  This can be quite confusing
if the hex number happens to not contain any a-f digits ...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU compiler/toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE
  Phone: +49-7031/16-3727   ---   Email: Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com