[c-lightning] open educational resources about using c-lightning (with python rpc api)

René Pickhardt r.pickhardt at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:32:38 AEST 2018

Hey List,

I have started a small class on c-lightning over at wikiversity (a sister
project of wikipedia also hosted by the wikimedia foundation). All content
is openly licensed and so far self created. The first lesson has 3 units
about c-lightning with python bindings. (including videos and some multiple
choice quiz questions):

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Hack_A_Lapp:_Introduction_to_Bitcoins_Lightning_Network_App_Development

The videos are hosted on wikimedia commons (which is the media archive of
the wikipedia) and ar all tagged with the category "Lightning Network"

I would love to hear your feedback on the structure and content of the
class. also about the depth of the quiz questions. I would love to know
what your thoughts are of where to proceed from here? Obviously it would be
boring to walk the people through each API call. I rather think of stuff
like setting up c-lightning & using it from the command line and also some
things to take into consideration when writing applications (for example
withdraw of funds of a user needs to be synchronized). I hope content like
this will help to onboard developers. For this I guess I will have to add
some implementation agnostic content wich deals more with the concepts of
the lightning network too and I am open to suggestions.

best regards Rene

--
https://www.rene-pickhardt.de

Skype: rene.pickhardt