[c-lightning] [announce] LNvis alpha - A Lightning Network Visualizer
jb55 at jb55.com
Sat Aug 18 01:51:31 AEST 2018
Hello lightning/bitcoin devs,
I've been working on an OpenGL Lighting Network visualizer written in C
+ nanovg with no dependencies except for glfw. I thought I would release
the alpha here first for testing.
Right now it only parses c-lightning channels and node json, but I'm
currently adding support for LND. I've only tested on linux, so it would
be great if we could get this working on macos/windows as well.
How it works
LNvis renders the Lightning Network channel gossip, which include nodes
and the edges (channels) between those nodes.
- Channels are colored by the node that opened the channel
- Channel widths are rendered proportional to the capacity
- Right clicking a node filters the view to that node and its neighbors
- Dragging a node in any view will focus that node and its neihbors
That's about it for now. Next things that I think would be fun to have:
- Filter by alias/id in the UI
- "Google Maps" mode for highlighting potential routes between nodes
- Realtime channel updates from network gossip
Any other ideas and suggesstions would be great.
More information about the c-lightning