[c-lightning] Pubsub API?

William Casarin jb55 at jb55.com
Fri Aug 10 11:37:51 AEST 2018

Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> writes:

> So I wrote a hacky 'gossipfrom' tool which seems to work: it will output
> all the gossip messages you receive, so you'll need to parse them, but
> OTOH it should work with almost any implementation (well, it doesn't
> respond to pings, so Eclair might get upset!).
>
> https://github.com/rustyrussell/lightning/tree/gossiptool
>
> Feedback welcome...

Awesome! I almost considered parsing the debug logs, but this seems like
a cleaner option.

I'm currently working on parsing the json rpc for initial channels,
nodes etc, but talking to the network directly is something I haven't
considered. I'll try out the gossiptool to see if that makes sense for
what I'm trying to do.

By the way, here's a vid of the progress I'm making on the LN visualizer
for anyone who is curious:

  https://jb55.com/s/d1bc31573b67b0e6.mp4

Thanks Rusty!

Cheers,