[Auugps] Incorporation

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Mon Oct 27 22:47:52 EST 2008

On 2008-Oct-27 15:09:49 +1100, Christopher Vance <cjsvance at gmail.com> wrote:
>It looks more and more that the only reason to kill off AUUG is that
>the membership fees are too high.

Agreed.  But the existing structure also has implicit expenses that
moving to (eg) ACT would seem to reduce.

> If the existing board could be
>convinced to drop fees to $10/year or less, would some of you join the
>existing AUUG again? Would you be prepared to sit on the board long
>enough to clean up the constitution?

As I've previously implied, I'd be happy to re-join at a membership
fee that is commensurate with the services - $10/year would seem
reasonable.  I'm not sure that I've got the spare time to sit on the
Board - and it would be silly to nominate unless I can do the position
justice.

--
Peter Jeremy