[Auugps] Incorporation

Christopher Vance cjsvance at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:38:11 EST 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Part of the problem would be having the required general meeting with a
> quorum in order for the required special resolution to be passed to alter
> the rules and objects of AUUG.

AUUG membership is now low enough that a quorum may be easier to find.
The last AUUG SGM was in Melbourne, and got a quorum with mostly local
people. Peter Wishart most likely has a current membership list. The
old constitution is at
http://www.auug.org.au/resources/roles/constitution.shtml, and there
should be a newer one somewhere in the Plone/Zope tarball. Old one
says 10% quorum for meeting and 5 board members. I don't think there
are 5 board members any more.

> Also, AUUG has financial assets which make the reporting much more
> onerous.  I have no intention of taking over those assets.

This is probably the strongest point.

--
Christopher Vance