[Auugps] Incorporation

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Oct 27 14:59:46 EST 2008

Hi Lawrie,

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:51:54 +1100 Lawrie Brown <Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Okay - I must admit the thought was to keep this "new" society
> unincorporated. If you want an incorporated society, and are willing

As I implied, the "ownership" of the domain name requires a legal entity
(and for org.au that does not include an individual).

> to manage the annual reporting - then why don't we just keep AUUG Inc.
> going - as it already is. The major problem with AUUG is that
> currently no one is willing to do the work of keeping the basic
> requirements of incorporation going. If some people are willing,
> even if it means changing the aims of AUUG somewhat, lets just do
> it with the existing structure.

Part of the problem would be having the required general meeting with a
quorum in order for the required special resolution to be passed to alter
the rules and objects of AUUG.

Also, AUUG has financial assets which make the reporting much more
onerous.  I have no intention of taking over those assets.

> I'd very very surprised is the Victorian Incorporation requirements
> are all that much different to those in the ACT.
>
> Comments?

I don't know the Vic requirements.

--
Cheers,