[Auugps] [AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUGPS v. Linux Australia v. AUUG continuing

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Mon Nov 24 23:06:50 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 15:29 +1030, David Newall wrote:
> What we call AUUG is named the Australian UNIX and Open Systems User
> Group Incorporated.  I see no reason why AUUG couldn't be replaced by
> something else called AUUG but named the AUUG Preservation Society.
> This would preserve the moniker, which I think is what's important.  The
> name is not so important.

David, sorry to correct you here, but the actual name it was
incorporated under is AUUG Incorporated, which does not stand for
anything officially.

Note, that the unincorporated association, prior to incorporation, was
the "Australian UNIX User's Group" and during the time AUUG was courting
business the tag line was that AUUG was the "Australian UNIX and Open
Systems User Group", neither was ever the official name of the
incorporated association.

Regards
Frank