[Auugps] Facts?

John Dodson johnd at physiol.usyd.edu.au
Sun Nov 2 10:26:42 EST 2008

OK, so I'm a financial member, I do/have done lots for other orgs, but never
AUUG/IT ones (there always seemed to be plenty of capable people willing in the
past) although I've been a member for (what seems like) ages. So an example of a
"Sleeping Dog" perhaps.

I would like to see AUUG continue, even as a shell of it's former self & like
others I don't really see the point of creating AUUGPS when AUUG could just
continue as "AUUG". (Having read args for & against in these forums - I realise
that the primary problem is "inc in vic" which can be solved, if we have someone
prepared to do it & some meagre funds to expedite it)

I would like to see the "Lions" funds/award preserved in some way & putting it
towards the Lions chair (which has/had already been agreed long ago it seems
& the trustees are the people to do that - unless they are reluctant?) seems the
best option, perhaps with a caveat that these funds are used for the original
purpose, ie. an award to a student.
(Just to be clear we might want to be sure we know where those funds came from
originally)

I will be on the board & drive to Canberra (I find it relaxing) for a meeting,
if "needed". Or someone can call me & persuade me to give up.

Now down to business, let's get the facts out somewhere (auug-talk &/or auugps),
we need a summary of the current position,

Who is actually on the board now? (not on the AUUG website)
Who were the previous incumbents?
What positions on the board need to be filled now?
Who is prepared to continue in their current/last position?

What is a list of financial members who might be persuaded to fill them?
(each name needs to be accompanied by it's geographic location since that seems
to be part of the problem - same with answers to above Q's)

What is the financial position?
(What are the expected outgoings? - recent financial info can't be that
controversial)

What recent (since the last successful election) actions have the board taken?

And finally...

Is there a problem with discussing the board's decisions?

Cheers

johnd

John Dodson,                            Physiology, School of Medical Sciences
johnd at physiol.usyd.edu.au               & Faculty of Medicine.
http://www.physiol.usyd.edu.au/johnd    Rm. N252, Anderson Stuart Building (F13)
Phone   +61 2 9351 5246                 Eastern Avenue,
Fax     +61 2 9351 2058                 University of Sydney,
Mobile  +61 4 1459 7557                 NSW 2006   Australia.

	I'd rather be on OTI... http://www.bio.usyd.edu.au/OTI