Question on passing username and password credentials through PLDM

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Jan 3 23:14:47 AEDT 2024

On Wed, Jan 03, 2024 at 03:18:41PM +0530, Jayashankar Padath wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. From the host side they wanted  to attach a
> graphics adapter so that some of the system management service operations
> could be carried out.

I'm not understanding the relationship between a graphics adapter on the
host and authentication on the BMC over PLDM.

Are you aware that the Aspeed chip already has a graphics engine that
can be connected to the host?  OpenBMC already supports exposing that
graphics adapter as a KVM over the webui.

If you're suggesting a graphics adapter that the BMC itself uses, there
is currently no support for doing that.

--
Patrick Williams