How to prevent Redfish to work on in-band Ethernet only

Thang Nguyen OS thang at amperemail.onmicrosoft.com
Wed May 17 16:51:48 AEST 2023

Hi,
We are supporting the Get Bootstrap Account Credentials (NetFn 2Ch, Command 02h) command specified at section 9.1.2 in the Redfish Host Interface Specification https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0270_1.3.0.pdf. There is a requirement for the user account created from the above command, specified at section "9.2 Account life cycle”:

Bootstrap accounts shall be usable only on the host interface.

I would like to ask if anyone has idea on how to configure a user account to work from Redfish in-band only? My system (based on AST2500/2600) has a USB connection from Host to BMC and a USB Ethernet gadget device is created (as usb0 interface, IP 192.168.0.10).

Thanks,
Thang Q. Nguyen -