How to communicate 2 guest machines over serial in qemu?

Sidhartha Reddy Kaliki sidhartha at drut.io
Tue May 16 20:25:21 AEST 2023

Hi,

We have 2 independent devices running openbmc software on each of
them. These devices can communicate with each other over a serial line
using SLIP protocol. Now we would like to emulate the same using qemu.

Do we have any provision to communicate 2 guest machines over a serial
interface using SLIP protocol?

We have tried a few options which are not helpful to solve our purpose.
It will be really helpful if you can provide us some guidance on this.

Thanks