Configuring aspeed to use P2A Bridge

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Mon Jul 10 14:10:10 AEST 2023

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 at 07:13, Adrien Zinger <zinger.ad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working with an ast2500 and I'm unsure about the required configuration to expose it as a graphic card.  I hope you can help me.
>
> Basically, I changed the device tree to enable the p2a and gfx. I have used two memory regions in the reserved-memory section for them (I don't know if there are any specific regions to choose). Do you know if some specific modifications here are mandatory ?

P2A is not required for graphics output.

GFX is the internal display device in the BMC. You can use it if you
want to show some output when the host is powered off, for example.

Using the BMC as a PCIe graphics device for the host is unrelated to
these two functions. We often refer to this as the "VGA" device.

I don't know what config you will need to change to get this working, sorry.