Support IPv6StaticDefaultGateways on OpenBMC

Sunitha Harish sunithaharish04 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 02:34:41 AEST 2023

Hi Team,

This is about supporting IPv6StaticDefaultGateways parameter on OpenBMC.

Currently we can configure the Static IPv6 network via bmcweb, and that
gets the network interface setup and user can connect to the BMC via
this IPv6 network.

There is no support for setting up the Static Default IPv6 gateway via
redfish. Its been implemented as a read-only property at bmcweb, and we
can only retrieve a single dynamically assigned IPv6 gateway address via
redfish's "IPv6DefaultGateway" property.

There is support to set single IPv6 default gateway at phosphor-networkd
and dbus applications via dbus calls though. But as per the IPv6
requirements & DMTF schema standards, the IPv6StaticDefaultGateways is
an array of IPv6Address + prefixLength parameters. So i believe, this
has to be implemented as a "creatable" object via bmcweb + networkd + dbus.

Please share your views as how to support multiple default IPv6 gateways
set & get at BMC via redfish.

Thanks & regards,
Sunitha