Question of ipmi command "Set User Access" in phosphor-host-ipmid

Thomaiyar, Richard Marian richard.marian.thomaiyar at linux.intel.com
Tue May 26 02:28:17 AEST 2020

Hi Tony,

Only IPMI offers channel based user level privilege as of now, Redfish
uses single privilege across all channels. OpenBMC user management is
designed to have single user level privilege. IPMI is designed to bind
one of the channel privilege user to the user management, and rest
maintain in it's own database. LAN 1 is used for that sync.

Note: Discussion started in Redfish forum to have a channel based
restriction, but it's not yet materialized and requires more takers.

Regards,

Richard