Storing host data on the BMC

Sunitha Harish sunithaharish04 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:59:50 AEST 2020

On 21-05-2020 10:46, Deepak Kodihalli wrote:
> On 21/05/20 10:42 am, Sunitha Harish wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any inputs?
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>> Sunitha
>
> Hi Sunitha,
>
> I believe you had got a direction based on the discussion below.

> ^^ You use existing (or come up with new) D-Bus interfaces to
> represent your data. Those D-Bus interfaces can be implemented by
> settingsd or networkd or something else.

If i am getting it correctly , the current changes which were made to
the phosphor-settings-manager should be good enough to handle all the
scenarios.

In my last email i mentioned that ===>>
When the Ethernet interface set to be DHCP enabled ( by setting the Bios
attribute DHCPEnabled = true via redfish), the IPAddress, SubnetMask and
Gateway along with the Origin property will not be Bios settings. Here
the user setting is the DHCPEnabled property of ?

However in the case of Static IP configuration(IPAddress, SubnetMask and
Gateway) they will become bios setting.
Currently we are using the xyz.openbmc_project.Network.IP and this
interface is being implemented by settings object -
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/meta-ibm/+/30424/
Do you see any issue here?