Storing host data on the BMC

Sunitha Harish sunithaharish04 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:30:13 AEST 2020

On 21-05-2020 10:46, Deepak Kodihalli wrote:
> On 21/05/20 10:42 am, Sunitha Harish wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any inputs?
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>> Sunitha
>
> Hi Sunitha,
>
> I believe you had got a direction based on the discussion below.

> ^^ You use existing (or come up with new) D-Bus interfaces to
> represent your data. Those D-Bus interfaces can be implemented by
> settingsd or networkd or something else.

If i am getting it correctly , the current changes which were made to
the phosphor-settings-manager should be good enough to handle all the
scenarios.

In my last email i mentioned that ===>>
When the Ethernet interface set to be DHCP enabled ( by setting the Bios
attribute DHCPEnabled = true via redfish), the IPAddress, SubnetMask and
Gateway along with the Origin property will not be Bios settings. Here
the user will be setting the DHCPEnabled property.
However in the case of Static IP configuration(IPAddress, SubnetMask and
Gateway) they will become bios setting.
Currently we are using the xyz.openbmc_project.Network.IP and this
interface is being implemented by settings object -
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/meta-ibm/+/30424/

Do you see any issues here?