problem trying to bitbake obmc-phosphor-image

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat May 16 02:53:13 AEST 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 05:49:56PM +0000, Gil Montag wrote:
>   1.  When trying to run bitbake  in a schroot trusty (ubuntu 14.04) I'm getting that python version is too old. Need python >=3.5 and available max python 3.4 for that ububtu version...

Yes, this is a requirement for newer versions of bitbake (which comes
from upstream Yocto) and there isn't much we can do about it.  I suspect
even if you could get bitbake to run with this older version of Python
you'd run into other issues.  Ubuntu 14.04 is 6 years old at this point.

>   2.  I tried to do the build in ububtu18.04 and then it proceeded until stopped with some timeout accessing github. (manually I manage to access this github repo)

This looks like you're on the right track.  Github fetching isn't always
the most reliable.  Most people set up bitbake to create a download
mirror so you're only having to do this once (or when newer versions of
code come out).  I'd suggest just retrying until you get all the
downloads.

--
Patrick Williams