Storing host data on the BMC

Deepak Kodihalli dkodihal at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 14 01:27:30 AEST 2020

On 13/05/20 8:37 pm, Sunitha Harish wrote:

> Redfish client would need this value to interpret where the IP address
> has been Originated from. So we need a DBus property to save it.

Makes sense.

> this is actually an attribute which is set by the hypervisor/host - a
> pldm sensor. Its not suitable to be fit into the BIOS table.

Agree.

> My question&proposal is about how/where to store this value?

Anywhere but the BIOS attributes store on D-Bus? For eg could you come
up with another D-Bus interface to house this property? The PLDM demon
can relay a PLDM sensor to a D-Bus object that implements this property.
There are other PLDM sensors that the host owns, that are already
handled this way today - the host updates a PLDM sensor and lets the BMC
know about it. The BMC can update a corresponding D-Bus property.