Storing host data on the BMC

Sunitha Harish sunithaharish04 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 01:07:32 AEST 2020

Hi Patrick/Surya,

Seems to me that the design which Intel proposed does not cover the
scenario which i was mentioning about.

My scenario is :
1. Redfish client sets the host interface parameters for the IPv4
address. These user settable values are stored in the DBus.
2. When the system is powered on , the pldm reads these DBus values ,
and sets the BIOS attributes.
3. The hypervisor reads this BIOS attributes for the interfaces and sets
them.
4. Now the hypervisor sends an indication to the pldm that the IP
address is active at its interface and its Origin is Static ( ie : user
configured) OR it is DHCP ( ie: not user configured, if its DHCP enabled)
5. The pldm should store this Origin value "somewhere".

Redfish client would need this value to interpret where the IP address
has been Originated from. So we need a DBus property to save it. But ,
this is actually an attribute which is set by the hypervisor/host - a
pldm sensor. Its not suitable to be fit into the BIOS table. My
question&proposal is about how/where to store this value?

Thanks & regards,
Sunitha