[ccan] participating in GSoC 2008 program f

Rajika Kumarasiri rajikacc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:05:58 EST 2008

helllo every body,
I am intersted in particpiating in a GSoC project for CCAN. I went through
the project list given and found the project "feedback" interesting. So as a
part of the GSoC 2008 program I'd like to implement the feedback support for
CCAN.
I have few questions regarding the "feedback" idea. Please help me to
clarify them.

In cleint part we go through the reposiory and find any chaged modules (may
be using the last modified date) and tests them.
1. What exactlty do we need to check(weather they compile correctly, runs
correctly, out put what they suppose to output, is that?)?
2. So the results will be the out out of that test, is this correct ? So
that we can post this results back. In here what exactly post means? Is that
we put a email with a attached log file or something like that or we just
put the result in a database?So in the client side it's much like a "diff"
of a version control system  which of course catagaorised according to
modules in CCAN.

Server part is  straight forward. What we need to do is, depending on the
publish method (weather they come throguh an e-mail or weather they are in a
database) we can retrieve those informations and publish them(In side a
database or by anyother means).

Please help me to clarify these question. Thanks in advance!

Me:
I am a computer science and enginnering undergradate in here[1]. I really
like C programming. I developed a lexical anylzer for a subset of Javascript
in C programming language(source code[2]). And also I participated in GSoC
2007 program and developed part of the mail transport for Apache Axis2/C in
C language(source code [3]).
My resume[4].

Regards,
Rajika