Enable multiple OSX boot option and intellegent labels?

Jim Harris jimrh at charter.net
Fri Feb 3 11:22:33 EST 2012

Suggestion:

I would like to be able to boot a system with more than one OSX partition, in addition to the Linux install.

In my case I have a system with two Tiger installs, one configured – one sandbox, and a Xbuntu install.  Currently I can only boot one of the two OSX choices.  If I add more than one “maxosx=” stanza to the yaboot.conf file, only the first one on the list is recognized.

Suggestion:

I would like to add intelligent labels to the choices – something more meaningful than “macosx” or such.

Jim "JR" Harris