Post install booting issue

Manoel Rebelo Abraches mrabran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 9 23:40:57 EST 2010

boot: root=/dev/sda2
ro
> Please wait, loading
> kernel...
> root=/dev/sda2:2,/vmlinux: Unable to open file, Invalid device

At this point you need a device in the Open firmware format. In linux
environment you can use the comand ofpath to thiscover it, like this:

        ofpathname /dev/sda

        /vdevice/v-scsi at 30000002/disk at 8100000000000000

You can also use a device alias if it exists using the -a switch

        ofpathname -a /dev/sda

        hd

You can also use the comand "bye" at yaboot prompt and enter OF. There
you could post the result of the commands

dev /
ls
printenv
devalias

it might help find out what the problem is.