OpenFirmware 3.5 and Netboot

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 01:21:19 EST 2010

On 10 June 2010 19:20, Erlon Cruz <sombrafam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Some time ago I send some messages in this list about how to netboot
> diskless clients on Power Plataform. After some work I was able to boot the
> diskless clients. The Open firmware version was SF240-382. Now, using the
> same yaboot file on EL350-049, yaboot just dont work. Does anyone had this
> same problem or can shad some light on how can a fix it??

So it'd be helpful if you give the make and model of the h/w - looking
up the Firmware version that seems to be an IBM Power6 machine of some
sort without a HMC.

Can you capture the console output of a boot with a yaboot built with DEBUG=1

What is boot-device set to and what do you see on the network in terms
of bootp/tftp traffic?

Paul